Nikki Reimer ([sic]) with Amy and Bella
CPPC: Tell us about your Lampert-nominated debut poetry collection, [sic]. What’s the error at hand?
NR: Hmm. It’s all error. I’m the error. Poetry is the error. Writing poetry in the 21st century and thinking that its going to do a damn thing is an error; foolishly, I can’t stop myself from doing it.
CPPC: You’re a Vancouver poet. Did the city inform your view of contemporary sexism and corporate culture (as captured and grappled in [sic])?
NR: I recently – in June – moved back to my hometown of Calgary after nearly eight years of living in Vancouver, but equal portions of [sic] were written in each city. I’d say yes to both: in each city, my personal experiences with and observations of the specific-to-that-locale contemporary sexism and corporate culture greatly informed my discomfort and frustration and therefore bled into the book.
CPPC: One reviewer noted she’s never seen the word ‘crotch’ so many times in a poetry book. Why don’t you think the crotch gets mentioned more often in poetry?
NR: That is an excellent question. We need to rectify that immediately.
- serifofnottingham likes this
- asouvenirfromhell likes this
- poetactics reblogged this from canadianpoetspettingcats and added:
- noreimerreason reblogged this from canadianpoetspettingcats and added:
- poetryisdeadmag reblogged this from canadianpoetspettingcats
- poetryisdeadmag likes this
- badpicturesofmymediocreart reblogged this from canadianpoetspettingcats
- txts-from-my-editor likes this
- themockler reblogged this from canadianpoetspettingcats
- poetactics likes this
- canadianpoetspettingcats posted this